Canadian Holiday Train
Over their decade-plus time together Doc Walker have earned the title of ‘the hardest working Country band in Canada’ the old fashioned way, through relentless perseverance – constantly honing their chops as a songwriting and a performing unit.
While that perseverance has netted them multiple top-10 and top-5 hits on Canadian Radio and some of the Canadian Music Industry’s highest awards, including six CCMAs in 2008 alone, as well as the 2009 Juno for Country Recording of the Year for their ‘Beautiful Life’ record, the real payoff for Doc Walker isn’t the awards and accolades that come with their growing success. If anything, it’s more accurately measured in a mutual dedication to each other, and to their audience.
Their sixth record, ‘GO’, produced three top-ten singles, including the hit I’m Gonna Make You Love Me which peaked at #4 on the BDS country chart and reached #1 on the Chevrolet Top 20 Video Countdown.
Doc Walker was nominated for the 2012 CCMA Group of the Year award and their most recent effort, “16&1”, was a CCMA Album of the Year nominee.
For more information, visit docwalker.ca/
This Kingston Ontario native is one of the best kept secrets in the music business. With Adele-esque soul and power, Miss Emily delivers jaw-dropping vocals.
Recent shows include Ottawa Bluesfest and Bobcaygeon Big Music Fest where she shared the stage with The Tragically Hip, Sam Roberts Band and the Trews in front of 25,000 people.
Miss Emily has begun work on her first cd with producing contributions by The Tragically Hip’s, Gord Sinclair.
“There is an artist you should know about: Miss Emily, I have a feeling about her like I haven’t had about a new artist in a long time” - Matt Wells – Much Music
“Angelic with a hint of sultry devilishness. Wow! The girl can sing’ - Rob Baker
“Miss Emily, has the best pipes we have ever heard in an unsigned artist’ - Gene Simmons – KISS
For more information, visit themissemily.blogspot.ca/
With special guests Dube Brothers
U.S. Holiday Train
Born in the heart of the Ottawa valley, The Claytones masterfully spin their melodic, vocal driven, Canadiana brand of country soaked roots music with old school sensibilities. A true collaborative project, Kelly, Adam and Anders write and arrange their songs together effectively making The Claytones sound the sum of its parts. With an impressive list of individual accolades this young band currently released their debut album which blends their unique talents into the group signature live feel. These 3 full time musicians have released over 8 full-length recordings of original music under the names of Kelly Prescott, Prescott, Anders Drerup, The Van Meters and Adam Puddington. The National Post listed them as one of the top 5 Canadian Acts to watch in 2012.
"The Claytones are both fresh and classic. Stunning harmonies, beautiful arrangements and three of the nicest people you ever want to meet.” - James Keelaghan, Artistic Director, Georgian Bay Folk Society
“The Claytones come across as if they’ve been best friends all of their lives. Kelly Prescott, Anders Drerup & Adam Puddington are the ultimate performers. They put on a phenomenal show; their sweet harmonies and instrumental prowess guides us through a nice mix of genres. Their professionalism oozes well beyond their years, like a comfy sweatshirt swaddling the crowd offering a memorable experience to all they encounter.” - Sue Tennant, Music On McLean House Concerts
“Individually, they are all remarkable. Anders, a diversified musician who easily strides the boundaries among folk, blues, and rock ‘n roll, is one of the most naturally talented musicians I have seen in years. Kelly’s smoky alto works wonders on her audience whether she is caressing a song on her own, or filling the corners and niches behind another voice. Adam, with one foot in the Ottawa Valley and the other in The Maritimes, is one of our strongest local singer songwriters.” - Hollis Morgan, Spirit of Rasputin's review.
For more information, visit theclaytonesmusic.com/
Tracey Brown is a member of a family of exceptional and celebrated musicians. She was part of Canada’s most awarded country group, Family Brown, before forming the Juno award winning, Prescott-Brown. The Family Brown toured extensively and had a syndicated TV show for 13 years.
Over her career, Tracey Brown has released more than 20 albums and was nominated for a Juno as Best Country Female Vocalist in 1999. She is also a member of the Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame. She and husband, Randall Prescott have been actively involved in production of the Holiday Train since 2004, as well as performing on many of the tours.
For more information, visit Tracey Brown Music
Sponsor: Canadian Pacific, 401 9th Ave, S.W., Calgary, AB, Canada, T2P 4Z4
Contest: Canadian Pacific is continuing our tradition of operating our Holiday Trains through numerous communities across Canada and the United States, putting on performances, spreading cheer and providing a venue for local food banks to collect donations. In an effort to raise community awareness, support and the holiday spirit, Canadian Pacific is sponsoring this photo contest (“Contest”).
Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. By uploading your photo (herein referred to as "Submission"), you agree that your Submission conforms to the Photo Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions, or for any other reasons so reserved.
How to enter:
Beginning Nov 27th, 2012, any North American resident (excluding Quebec) visiting a Holiday Train event is invited to submit one (1) photo of the event.
Participants can submit their photo of the local holiday train event by:
- Visiting our CP Holiday Train Facebook page or www.cpr.ca to upload your photo.
- Follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including your name, location and email address. Follow the directions to upload one (1) photo through the Capture the Spirit Photo Contest that displays your experience with the 2012 CP Holiday Train.
- By entering this Contest, entrants agree to have their name used publicly for the purposes of promoting the contest and announcement as a winner of the Contest.
- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
Showcase the fun and spirit of the Holiday Train and charitable giving.
Photos must include at least one of the below components:
- The Holiday Train
- Food banks/shelf
- Holiday Train Entertainers
Limit: You may only enter only one (1) photo during the entire Contest period.
Contestants may NOT submit any photo that (i) contains offensive, pornographic, obscene, libelous, defamatory, threatening, abusive, criminal, or adult themes, links , or images; (ii) violate or encourages any to violate any law or regulations; or (iii) contain advertising or commercial messages.
Photos must be from the 2012 season.
The Submission must be in .jpg, .png, or .gif format .
The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind.
The Submission must be an original and must not infringe the rights of any third party including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy and personality rights. By making a Submission, you waive any moral rights you may have in such Submission.
Submissions not meeting these criteria shall be disqualified. Additionally, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Submissions for other any reason.
There will be 4 top winners selected, 2 from Submissions showcasing the Holiday Train in Canada and 2 from Submissions showcasing the Holiday Train in the United States. Each of the 4 top winners will be awarded a CP top prize pack that consists of the following:
- $300 gift certificate to spend on CP merchandise at www.cpshops.ca
- $500 to be issued on winners’ behalf to the local food bank/shelf participating in the Holiday Train event where the winner resides.
There will be 26 second prize winners selected in total from all entries. Each of the 26 second prize winners will receive a secondary prize pack consisting of the following:
- 1 commemorative Holiday Train ornament and 1 CP 2013 calendar (approximate value $10 CDN)
CP gift certificates have no expiry date.
Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than 30 potential Contest Prize winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Prizes may not be exactly as shown in promotional materials. In case of unavailability of any Prize or for any other reason and in the Sponsors’ sole discretion, the Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value.
All winners will need to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question.
4 top winners will be randomly drawn from 2 separate pools of Submissions, one containing all Submissions showcasing the Holiday Train in Canada and the other pool containing all Submissions showcasing the Holiday Train in the United States.
The 26 second prize winners will be randomly drawn from the collected pool containing all Submissions.
All draws will be made on December 20th, 2012
In the event that no winning submissions are received with no photos fitting the contest criteria, no prizes will be awarded.
Winners will be contacted by email as provided by the Participant within 10 days of the contest closing. If the winner is unable to be contacted after three (3) attempts by January 4th, 2013, at the sole discretion of Canadian Pacific, he or she will forfeit the prize and another Winner will be randomly selected as set out herein.
By entering this contest, winners agree that their names can be announced on Facebook and www.cpr.ca after they have been notified of their winning entry.
Contest opens 7:30 pm EST on November 27th, 2012 and closes 12:00 noon MST on December 20, 2012.
The Contest is open to Canadian and U.S. residents only (excluding Quebec).
Participants must be of legal age in the jurisdiction in which they reside.
Participants are only eligible to enter once
Only images submitted via the methods described in the ‘How to Enter’ section will be eligible for this contest.
- The awarding of the Prize will be conditional upon the Winner signing a declaration, publicity consent, waiver and release.
- Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- By participating in this Contest, all participants declare that they have read, understood and complied with the Contest rules and will be legally bound by all terms and conditions of these rules and agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsors.
- By participating in this Contest, all participants release the Sponsors, its affiliates, and their employees, directors, officers, representatives and agents from all liability for any damage that may result from entering or attempting to enter the Contest. Participants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, its affiliates and their employees, directors, officers, representatives and agents from any liability, loss or damage occurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the Prize and acknowledge that the Sponsors and its affiliates, and their employees, directors, officers, representatives and agents have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, including but not limited to the quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose of the Prize.
- By submitting an entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the entry to be posted on www.facebook.com/holidaytrain, www.cpr.ca or other websites. Entrant agrees that Canadian Pacific is not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to, errors in the advertising, the Contest rules, the selection and announcement of the Winners or the distribution of the Prizes.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, mutilated or misdirected Contest entries.
- The Contest will be interpreted according to Canadian law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial/territorial, municipal and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Personal information collected from entrants will be used by the Sponsors for the purpose of administering this Contest. The Sponsors will not sell, share, use or otherwise disclose the personal information of entrants with third parties, other than to third parties engaged by them to fulfill the above purposes, without consent, or as permitted or required by law.
- The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice. If you have any questions about the Contest, please contact the Sponsors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You acknowledge that you are providing your information to Canadian Pacific and not FaceBook.You agree to waive all claims whatsoever that you may have as against FaceBook and fully release Facebook from all liability, loss or damage in relation to this Contest.