In April 2016, Transport Canada issued Protective Direction (PD) 36 to replace the existing PD 32.
Canadian Class 1 railways must now post a public report on their website with the breakdown of the top 10 dangerous goods they transport through a province, and provide a public report that communities can access.
"In Canada, only 11% of loaded shipments on CP are regulated dangerous goods. The remaining 89% of loaded shipments are non-regulated products. Find out what products comprise the dangerous goods shipments in your province by selecting from the list below:
British Columbia |
PD 36 requires Canadian Class 1 railways to provide registered municipalities with:
Dangerous goods data provided by railways to communities will include: